RULES FOR PATRON CONDUCT
The Tifton-Tift County Public Library provides public library services without discrimination to persons seeking information and knowledge through the use of the library’s materials, programs and equipment. To provide such services efficiently and effectively, the Tifton-Tift County Public Library has adopted the following Rules for Patron Conduct, pursuant to 9 Del. C. Sections 801 and 1101.
- Patrons shall be engaged in activities associated with the use of a public library while in the building. Patrons not engaged in reading, studying, or using library materials shall be required to leave the building.
- Patrons shall respect the rights of other patrons and shall not disturb or annoy others by making loud, boisterous or distracting noises, by singing or talking loudly to others or in a monologue, by playing audio‑equipment so that others can hear it, by touching or making offensive gestures, and the like while in the library.
- Patrons shall not bring a weapon into the library or engage in any activity which any other patron or library staff would reasonably regard as threatening.
- Patrons shall wear a shirt and pants or skirt, or dress or other comparable bodily coverage at all times while in the library. Patrons shall also wear shoes or other footwear at all times.
- Patrons who smell by virtue of lack of personal hygiene, soiled clothing or excessive use of perfume, cologne, or the like and who, in the reasonable judgement of the library staff, consequently interferes with the undisturbed use and operation of the library by other patrons or library staff shall be required to leave.
- Patrons shall not willfully destroy or deface library materials, equipment, or the building,
- Patrons shall not run in the library.
- Patrons shall not eat or drink in the library except in designated areas.
- Patrons shall not smoke in the library, including the entranceway and the steps.
- Patrons shall not bring animals of any kind or size (except Seeing Eye Dogs or other assistive animals) into the building.
- Patrons shall not interfere with the use of the library by other patrons and shall not interfere with the performance of duties by the library staff.